HoistCam™ (http://www.hoistcam.com) from GM Engineering Services is a rapidly deployable wireless electronic night/day camera platform designed for port and construction crane operators. HoistCam places the eyes of the crane operator anywhere. Safety is increased, and efficiency improved by making visual information instantly. HoistCam attaches to the hook block or anywhere on the job site with high strength magnets in a matter of seconds.
HoistCam withstands the harshest environments, and provides full day and night coverage. Install a HoistCam anywhere from the boom of a crane to the hook block and around the operator station at any construction site, industrial facility or marine port in seconds.
|Videos from HoistCam™|
Increase the Bottom Line.
Why use HoistCam as a rapidly deployable camera platform for cranes?
Case Studies by GM Engineering Services clients have documented remarkable improvement in efficiency and safety during lifts and blind lifts with tower cranes, mobile cranes and crawler cranes. One example accomplished a 50%+ improvement in efficiency and a safety rating over 90%. Case studies available at http://www.gmesllc.com/casestudy.
What is increase in efficiency worth to you?
Reduced Effort and Cost
GM Engineering Services HoistCam platform is self-contained, wireless, and, most importantly, portable. The operator decides where they want their line-of-sight. A HoistCam system can be installed/attached quickly with negligible expense. Case studies are available at http://www.gmesllc.com/casestudy demonstrating how quickly a HoistCam is installed.
HoistCam’s portable capability allows the operator and riggers to determine where they want their eyes – not the manufacturer of the camera system. HoistCam is priced very competitively with GM Engineering Services providing all necessary technical support and training.
“I don’t know how any crane operator could work without a HoistCam.” -Crane Operator, Norfolk, Virginia
HoistCam can integrate into new or existing cranes without having to take the crane down for an entire day of service. HoistCam platform is compatible with all other camera systems through a single RCA composite interface. Integration with web enabled and remotely accessible feeds is also available.
Increased Situational Awareness
The single most important aspect of industrial safety. Cameras are being added to machinery and equipment at a rapid pace. Many of the HoistCam camera systems comply with OSHA Operational Safety Aid requirements.
Consider the automobile industry where only the most expensive and top line vehicles had cameras, backup indicators, and distance monitoring capabilities. Now these features are almost mandatory throughout the industry. This is the future and the absence of situational awareness options will have an impact on safety and possible incident liability.
Static flex-mount cameras, external batteries, repeaters (as depicted to the right), boom tip cameras, backup cameras, winch cameras, site cameras, DVR (digital video recorders), split screen displays, and additional full service customization are available directly from GMES.
- HoistCam is guaranteed to follow the load automatically even when the hook sways.
- No matter how far or close the load is to the boom or operator, the operator’s line-of-sight will be the same.
- Fast installation in 30 seconds or less. Watch the video above.
- No need to constantly adjust the camera with traditional boomed mounted cameras. HoistCam goes where ever the load is located.
- Two or more cameras can be mounted on the hook block for increased visibility.
- View what is happening behind and on top of buildings during blind lifts.
- Less distractions versus traditional and expensive Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) boom mounted solutions. The crane operator never needs to take his hands off the controls to adjust the camera – HoistCam always has its eyes on the load.
- Allow the crane operator to view below the hook from extremely far distances (3000ft+).
- Compatible with virtually ever type of crane including tower cranes, crawler cranes, port cranes, telescopic cranes, mobile cranes, truck mounted cranes, rough terrain cranes, loader cranes, overhead cranes and hoists.
- Wide angle variable focal lens gives visual details around the entire load.
- Increased safety with a view around the hook to prevent accidents.
- Increased maneuverability will cause less damage around the hook.
- Improved efficiency leads to saving time.
- Less labor since the operator needs less help and can operate more autonomously.
Field tests have proven an average 22% to 40% increase in productivity can be achieved with the use of a qualified HoistCam solution as well as substantial increase in safety and damage prevention. Learn more by viewing our case studies.
- Rugged and rapidly deployable lookout platform for crane operator
- 10Ah Lithium battery for 8 to 24+ hours of continuous operation.
- Designed to mounted directly to crane hook blocks 14″ or wider.
- Magnetic base and handles for easily mounting and relocating.
- Self-contained rechargeable battery with charger.
- Support for one or more cameras.
- Indoor or outdoor receiver to connect in the operator room to any display.
- One (1) year parts and labor warranty against manufacture defects.*
- Compatible with many GM Engineering Services supplied cameras.
- Rugged Carrying Case – Store and transport a HoistCam in a rugged carrying case.
- Outdoor Receiver – Every HoistCam comes with an video receiver box to be easily mounted next to a monitor or DVR (digital video recorder). Antenna upgrade options for improved distance and LOS (Line Of Site).
- Night Vision Cameras – Available with or without infrared illuminators.
- Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) Cameras – Control the zoom and direction of the camera wirelessly from inside the operator station.
- Multiple Cameras – Support for two or three cameras with additional indoor transmitters and receivers.
- Microphone – transmit audio back to the wheel house for improved situational awareness.
- Extra Battery – Quickly swap out batteries.
- Rapidly Deployable Video Surveillance (RDVS) platform with portable display and integrated DVR.
- Blackberry, Android and Apple (iPad and iPhone) interfaces for tablets and smartphones.
- Additional Mounting Options – Alternative mounting options other than magnetic base are also available. Please contact us for more information.
HoistCam™ from GM Engineering Services is a rapidly deployable wireless electronic lookout designed to improve safety, increase situational awareness and decrease “information delay” for crane operators. Contact GM Engineering Services today to learn more.